18.2.10

Vampire Mid-week


Oh, love

House party

Maybe it's because I haven't been to a gig in a while but I massively enjoyed bumping and grinding up against BOY head over heels for the whole show. And what a spread was here; I totally geeked out and cursed myself for not bringing Penny Pentax along to snap the stage. I am a massive fan of the two album covers to date and the stage incorporated them both with three chandeliers hanging in front of the amazing Contra backdrop. I think her name is Jane. Jane's eyes eerily flashed red and green at pivotal points during the show. Eerie like vampires. The highlight was definitely A-Punk, though I'm definitely more intrigued by the new shit having witnessed it first hand. The bassists spaghetti legs were definitely a close-second.
As I stared down at the four-piece string band and weird toy-box sounds exiting the keyboard I thought wow, here's a band we can be proud of. Here is some product of our generation that spookily and kookily weave in almost Tudor tones creating this vibrant fusion of sharp new and historic. It's a lot of fun.
I've fallen in love with them all over again and I feel excited for no apparent reason. Maybe it's because I haven't been to a gig in a while
.

No comments: